Manage and display custom fields in the project list (Premium feature)
As a user of OpenProject Enterprise on-premises or OpenProject Enterprise cloud you can customize the work package list and show additional project information by adding custom fields to the project list, e.g. adding accountable, project due date, progress, and more.
Creating a custom field for projects
To create a new custom field for projects, navigate to -> Administration -> Custom fields and select the tab Project. Click on the link Create a new custom field to create a project custom field.
- In the newly opened create form provide a name to display in the project list (e.g. Project ID).
- Choose a format for the custom field, e.g. List. Decide if you want to the custom field to allow multi-select.
- Enter the possible values which can be selected (for a list). This is not relevant if you choose e.g. text format.
- Define if the custom field should be required.
- If you check visible it will also be visible for all users (non-admins) in the project overview and displayed in the project details widget on the Project Overview.
- Define if the custom field for projects should be searchable.
- Click Save to create the custom field.
Populating a project custom field
Once you created the custom field you can set a value for it in the project settings.
To do this navigate to a project and select Project settings from the side menu. The project custom field is visible under Information. As a project manager you can populate or edit the project custom field.
Displaying project custom fields
If you selected Visible in the custom fields settings, the custom field for projects is also available in the View all projects overview.
Navigate to this project list by selecting View all projects from the project selection menu on the top left side.
In the list of all projects you will see the project custom fields displayed as a columns in the project list. Therefore, you can easily communicate project information across multiple projects.
Please note: The visibility settings of the project custom fields will be overruled by these settings for the projects overview list.
To change the order of the project custom fields’ columns, change it in -> Administration -> Custom fields by using the sorting arrows.
Furthermore, the project custom fields will also be displayed in the Project details widget on the project overview page.