- Added missing auth fields to user endpoint 24503.
- Allow users to be uniquely identified by login 24504.
- Configuration option to hide login field during signup (email only) 24505.
- Configuration option for registration footer 24404.
- Remove length constraints of category name 24446.
Bug fixes (16)You can find a detailed list of the bug fixes here.
CreditsSpecial thanks to Dirk Wiesenthal from Univention for helping us to improve our users api.
New user-friendly timelineExciting news! We have been working on a new timeline for OpenProject. The next major OpenProject version (OpenProject 7.0) will introduce a more modern, user-friendly Gantt chart / timeline. While the existing timeline required multiple steps to use and update, the new timeline allows faster creation and updates of elements directly within the timeline.
OpenProject featured as top startup on BetaPageOpenProject has been featured by BetaPage as one of the top 4 startups.
BetaPage is a popular startup directory which features innovative startups from different industries.
OpenProject has been added to BetaPage yesterday (December 13th) and has already more than 60 upvotes.
To upvote or share OpenProject on BetaPage take a look at the OpenProject BetaPage.
We are very happy and proud to tell you that OpenProject has been awarded two of the prestigious FinancesOnline awards in their recent OpenProject review.
We won both the Great User Experience 2016 Award and the Rising Star 2016 Award for their project management software reviews category.
In their OpenProject software review here, FinancesOnline recognizes OpenProject as a leader in agile project management software as well as collaboration software.
We are changing the way authentication works on our openproject.com SaaS instances. Among other things this change will allow you to freely promote administrators unlike before.
Currently when clicking on “Sign in” in your OpenProject instance you will be redirected to login.openproject.com where you then login.
This will now change. On Wednesday the 7th December at 12:00 GMT we will roll out an update to the login mechanism. From then onwards you can log into OpenProject using the standard core login where you will input your password directly without the detour via login.openproject.com.
During the day of the update the direct login through your OpenProject instance may not work right away. If and only if that is the case you can still login through login.openproject.com by clicking on the link for “openproject.com” below “or sign in with your existing account” in the login form.
login.openproject.com will be retired on 8th December.
Note: Following the update you will not be able to login through login.openproject.com anymore. You will have separate login credentials for each of your OpenProject SaaS instances. Your current credentials will remain unchanged.
Previously you could create an account on login.openproject.com and then use any number of *.openproject.com instances through that account. While this had a number of advantages the way we implemented it also came with a couple of drawbacks.
- Currently you have to contact us via email if you want to promote another user to be an administrator. Following the update you can do that on your own just like in a stand-alone OpenProject instance.
- Some users kept having issues with user invitations. After the update the OpenProject core’s simpler invitation mechanism will be used which should clear up any problems.
- Before the update admins were unable to delete users. After the update users can be deleted freely and not just locked.
We hope that update will provide an easier and more solid experience for our SaaS users.
Up until now we only offered remote trainings and on-site workshops (see available trainings).
For the first time we now offer an OpenProject certification at OpenProject GmbH in Berlin, Germany.
Participants get an overview of OpenProject features, learn best practices and the configuration of OpenProject. In addition, open questions are addressed.
Take a look at the relevant information:
- Extensive overview of OpenProject features (Core + Plugins)
- Best practices when using OpenProject
- Configuration and optimization of OpenProject
- Address open questions and resolve unclear topics
- Outlook to future OpenProject development and features
Location: OpenProject GmbH, Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 5, 10178 Berlin, Germany
Duration: 9 AM to 5 PM
Language: English or German
Price: 250€ per person
For more information take a look at the OpenProject certification page.
We are looking forward to meeting you at OpenProject GmbH in Berlin!