OpenProject Download and Installation
Install and operate the leading web-based open source project management software
on-premises in your own infrastructure.
Installation of the OpenProject Community Edition.
We recommend choosing one of our supported installation methods below.
Installation with DEB/RPM packages
The packaged installation of OpenProject is the recommended way to install and maintain OpenProject using DEB or RPM packages.
Installation with Docker container
We provide a Docker image that you can very easily install and upgrade on your servers. You need to have a Docker Engine installed on your machine.
Why install OpenProject?
Benefits of the OpenProject Community Edition compared to other project management software.
OpenProject is free and open source software for project management and team collaboration.
- The Community version of OpenProject can be downloaded and installed for free.
It is 100% open source software to manage projects along the entire project-lifecycle.
The web-based software can be downloaded and operated on major Linux distributions
or via Docker container.
- Software freedom and full control of your data.
- Superior UX and stability in an open source project.
- Low entry barriers to collaborate with the project team.
- Continuous developments and maintenance by an active community.
- Provides project management guidance and best practices.