Configure email settings in OpenProject, i.e. email notifications and incoming email configuration.
Navigate to Administration -> Email.
|Email notifications||How to configure outgoing email notifications?|
|Incoming emails||How to configure settings for inbound emails?|
To adapt email notification settings, go to Email and choose Email notifications.
- Emission email address. This email address will be shown as the sender for the email notifications sent by OpenProject (for example, when a work package is changed).
- Activate blind carbon copy recipients (bcc).
- Define if the email should be formatted in plain text (no HTML).
- Select the default notification options. The default notification can be adapted in the user profile.
- Select for which actions email notification should be sent. You have the possibility to check all or uncheck all at the top right.
The frequency of sending e-mails per work package can be set in this way.
Configure your notification email header and footer which will be sent out for email notifications from the system.
- Formulate header and/or footer for the email notifications. These are used for all the email notifications from OpenProject (e.g. when creating a work package).
- Choose a language for which the email header and footer will apply.
- Send a test email. Please note: This test email does not test the notifications for work package changes etc. Find out more in this FAQ.
- Do not forget to save your changes.
To adapt incoming email settings, go to Email -> Incoming Email. Here you can configure the following options.
- Define after which lines an email should be truncated. This setting allows shortening email after the entered lines.
- Specify a regular expression to truncate emails.
- Ignore mail attachment of the specified names in this list.
- Do not forget to save the changes.
To set up incoming email, please visit our Operations guide.
For frequently asked questions regarding the incoming emails feature please have a look at the respective FAQ section.