Report a bug
If you find a bug please create a bug report.
- Login to the OpenProject developer platform.
- Open the bug form.
- Add a precise subject.
- Add a detailed description.
- Attach a file (optional).
- Press Create.
Information you should add to the bug description
Preconditions to reproduce the bug
Prior to detailing which steps to take to reproduce the error, the necessary preconditions which have to be met should be stated.
- Which browser did you use when you experienced the error?
- Do you receive any error messages in the rails console or browser console when the error occurs? Please include the error message if applicable.
* Forum exists * Forum messages exist with many replies
Steps to reproduce the bug
- The steps that led to the bug should be listed in the description in order to replicate the bug and determine the underlying problem.
1. Go to forum 2. Scroll to bottom of messages
- The actual, erroneous behavior should be stated briefly and concisely.
* Not possible to switch to next entry in pagination
- If known, the expected behavior of the application should be described concisely.
* Possible to switch to next pagination page
- If applicable, a screenshot should be added to the bug report in order to explain the bug visually.
- The unintended behavior should be marked in the screenshot (e.g. by using red color).
- The screenshot can be attached as a file and can be integrated in the description with the following syntax: "!Name_of_screenshot.png!" (without quotation marks) (Notice: Name_of_screenshot should be replaced with the respective name of the file. The file ending (here: .png) has to be adjusted to the appropriate file type of the screenshot.)
Example of bug reporting