Task Management Software
for Getting Work Done
fast, reliable, online.
Get your tasks done faster and with less stress.
Use OpenProject's task management software to make your life easier.
What is task management?
With OpenProject's task management software you can easily create, assign and manage your work. As a project manager you stay always on top of the latest development.
The dynamic task list provides an overview of all the work that has to be completed. See the progress, who is working on which tasks and what tasks have an approaching deadline.
Transition easily to project planning by activating the Gantt chart and setting dates as well as relationships between tasks.
Task management features
How to use task management in OpenProject
- Display the list of open tasks.
- Use filters to show time critical tasks.
- Define the columns which are shown in the list.
- Create and update tasks inline.
- Assign tasks to project members.
- Prioritize tasks and track their progress.
- Display detailed task information by opening the split screen.
- Use custom workflows to track a task's status.
- Attach documents and images to tasks.
- Customize tasks by creating custom fields.
- Add comments to inform your team about the latest development.
- Use the newsfeed to stay updated about any changes.
- Define relationships between tasks.
- Add watchers to tasks who are informed by email about any updates.
- Activate Gantt chart directly from the task list.
- Easily transition from task management to project scheduling.
- Create visual relationships between tasks.
- Save configured page in query and share it with project members.
- Hide or display hierarchy levels.
- Switch to fullscreen mode to show all task attributes at once.
- Create sub-tasks and adjust hierarchy level.
- Copy tasks and use existing tasks as templates.
- Watch an element to stay informed about any changes or updates.
- Activate the Zen mode to hide side bars and focus on a task distraction-free.
- Log time and costs on tasks and control spending through budgets.
- Customize list, sort and group by attributes.
- Export list as PDF, XLS or CSV file for further analysis.
- Export individual tasks as PDF to inform external stakeholders.
Task Management Software Advice
Assign clear responsibilities for each task to increase accountability.
Take a look at the video to learn how to use the task management in OpenProject.