Major Accessibility Improvements
Accessibility tests have been performed in cooperation with Deutsche Telekom.
Note: Accessibility mode in account settings should be activated for optimal result.
Changes in contrast supported
- Contrast changes are supported: Even with strong contrast changes, functions can be well recognized.
- All functions in OpenProject can be accessed via keyboard.
- The keyboard focus is highlighted by a blue box in order to support motor-impaired users.
- The keyboard focus order is the same as the process order, allowing users to follow the logical workflow.
- Form elements are linked to their labels to allow users to activate or deactivate options via keyboard.
Screen reader support
Note: Screen reader tests have been performed with JAWS 13, 14 and 15
- Texts in OpenProject (including error messages) are recognized by screen readers.
- Screen readers work with multiple languages (English and German).
- The HTML structure has been optimized to work with screen readers.
- Alt-texts are used to pronounce icons.
- Tables are linearised to support screen reader flow.