OpenProject Foundation Boards
The OpenProject Foundation consists of three interacting boards with different roles and responsibilities.
Board of Directors
(§ 8) The board of directors consists of two managing directors, a treasurer, a cash audit, a secretary and up to four associates.
The board of directors is responsible for oversight of the overall affairs of the foundation, i.e. organisational set-up. This includes regular meetings, management of assets (funds, code, intellectual property, trademarks, support, resources). However, technical and functional decision-taking authority is directly situated with the members of the different boards.
- Directors: Marco Tesch and Birthe Lindenthal
- Treasurer: Sven Hinderlich
- Secretary: Niels Lindenthal
- Cash Audit: Christoph Zierz
The board members are responsible for the active involvement of the OpenProject community. They decide whether or not a new member in the foundation is accepted. Each board is in the lead for certain topics and decisions and is responsible for their own organisation.
The following paragraphs describe the roles and responsibilities within the different boards.
Product Management (PM) is responsible for the product, the product vision, requirements analysis, and project communication.
- PM Lead: Head of the board Product Management, representative in Board of Directors.
- Proposition and Prioritisation: Responsible for overall OpenProject proposition, product vision and feature prioritization.
- Marketing and Public Affairs: OpenProject marketing strategy and public relations, events, fairs, publications.
- Product Design.
- Industry Experts
PM is responsible for the decision of the following topics in accordance with the other board members as well as clearly communicating the decisions to the community.
- Keep a clear and transparent focus on the overall project vision
- Analyse, specify and prioritize new requirements and outline feature roadmap
- Create and maintain an OpenProject styleguide and icon library
- Decide on overall product appearance and ux in accordance to the OpenProject styleguide and icon library
- Represent OpenProject public relations, and publications and communicate towards different stakeholders
Technology (Tech) is responsible for the development of new features and bug fixes, the inherent testing as well as the operation of the product.
Committer (C) as part of Tech is responsible for the QA of the developed code and therefore the quality of the product.
- Tech Lead: Head of the board Technology, representative in Board of Directors.
- Committer: Responsible for QA, eligible to decide which code will be committed.
- Contributor: Feature and plugin development, bug fixing, test writing, peer reviews.
- Operations: Responsible for operation of the development, testing and production environments of OpenProject as well as further corresponding instances, e.g. demo systems.
- Methods and Tools: Define methodas, tools and processes for successful development, testing and QA, documentation.
Tech is responsible for the decision of the following topics in accordance with the other board members as well as clearly communicating the decisions to the community.
- Define and maintain the development frameworks and methods (Scrum)
- Code review
- Coding principles
- Maintain the Core Commit Checklist
- Decide if code should be considered as core feature in accordance to catalogue
- Test writing, test automation
Support is responsible for the coaching and user support for OpenProject. It ensures that the product is well understood and that questions will be quickly answered and followed-up.
- Support Lead: Head of the board Support, representative in Board of Directors.
- Support Technology.
- Coaching and Training.
- User Support.
Support is responsible for the decision of the following topics in accordance with the other board members as well as clearly communicating the decisions to the community.
- Answer user questions and follow-up
- Maintain wiki with installation guidelines, FAQs, User Guides
- Prepare and maintain OpenProject training and support platform and material