OpenProject Foundation (OPF)
“Right from the beginning we want to ensure that the participation in OpenProject is well governed. We want to attract talents, both technical experts to drive forward the technical development of the software as well as functional experts, to form a diverse global community with high standards for collaboration, debating, delegation of responsibility and ethics”.
About the OPF
One of the main objectives of OpenProject is to create a place for open source software, driven and inspired by the users, the community and by the utilization of state of the art technology. For this challenging goal, the OPF wants to provide a firm basis with active support and guidance – the vision of the OPF.
The OPF is incorporated as a membership-based, non-profit organisation (Verein). It is registered in Berlin, Germany, and of course the OPF is designated to the global OpenProject community. The foundation supports and guides the software project, the community and its growth, furthermore, ensures that OpenProject continues to exist beyond the participation of individual members or companies.
Goals of the OPF
Responsibilities of the OpenProject Foundation:
- Maintaining the hardware and software infrastructure of OpenProject.org and other corresponding sites.
- Empowering the community to participate in and contribute to the project.
- Protecting the GPL source code of the project and its community contributions.
- Managing intellectual property and financial contributions.
- Protecting the project and community through support and advocacy.
- Organizing and promoting OpenProject, and communicating the benefits of the OpenProject software.
Decision taking process:
The Open Project Foundation aims to ensure that:
- There is a defined process that helps people contribute to decisions regarding the community and the software. It should be clear who is responsible for any given decision, and how others might contribute to the making of it.
- Decisions regarding the OpenProject distribution and community are taken in a fair and transparent fashion.
- Necessary decisions are eventually taken, even when there is no clear consensus among the community. There is a clear path for decision taking within the OPF.
We invite you to get in contact with us, we are happy to tell you more about OpenProject and the OPF.
Board of directors
- Directors: Marco Tesch and Birthe Lindenthal
- Treasurer: Sven Hinderlich
- Cash Audit: Christoph Zierz
- Secretary: Niels Lindenthal
OpenProject Foundation e.V.
OpenProject Foundation e.V. Karl-Liebknecht-Straße 5 10178 Berlin Germany
Lower regional court Berlin Charlottenburg, register of associations: VR 32487 Date of foundation: 12. April 2013