Manage Work Package Types
Note: In order to be able to access the administration panel and manage work package types you need to be a system admin.Work package types can be administered under Administration -> Types
. You will see the list of all the existing work package types.
Create a new work package type
To create a new work package type click the + New Type
icon. A new dialogue will open, where you will be able to specify the following:
- Specify the name.
- Specify if the work packages with the new type should be displayed in the roadmap.
- Specify the color of the work package to be displayed in the timeline.
- Specify if the work packages should be displayed in the aggregated view in the timeline (when the aggregation level is chosen).
- If you select the default value checkbox, the type will be pre-selected when creating a new project, facilitating the creation of projects with standard types.
- Specify if the work package should be displayed as a milestone in the timeline view.
- You can copy an existing workflow from an already existing work package type.
- Use the form configuration to decide which attributes of the type are active and which are always displayed. Attributes which are not active are not displayed for the work package type. Attributes which are always displayed are shown when opening a work package of that type. Attributes which are active but not always displayed are shown when clicking “Show all attributes” on a work package.
- Specify in which projects this work package type should be available.
- Create the type.
Edit or remove a work package type
To edit an existing work package type click on the work package name (1). To delete the work package type click on the delete icon (2).