Manage cost types
Note: In order to be able to manage cost types you need to have certain privileges or to have a certain role, for example a system admin.Cost types are the cost categories that will be used for logging costs
.To manage cost types navigate to Administration -> Cost Types. You will see a list of all the existing cost types. If no cost types have been created yet, the list will be empty.
Create a new cost type
To create a new cost type click on the respective icon in the cost type overview view.
You will then be able to adapt the following:
- New cost type name.
- The unit name for the cost type.
- The plural form of the unit name.
- Define if this cost type should be set to the default value.
- Define the rate history. You can add multiple rates and separate them chronologically.
- Don’t forget to save your changes.
Edit or deactivate a cost type
To edit an existing cost type, click on the cost type name (1). You can adapt the current rate directly in the overview mode (2). You can lock a cost type (3), in which case it will only be visible if you select the “Show locked types” option. You can always re-activate a locked cost type.