OpenProject 8.2 is here! The new OpenProject version includes a modernized calendar as well as many usability improvements.
Users of the Cloud Edition and Enterprise Edition can change work packages to a read-only mode to avoid unwanted changes. Additionally, embedded work package now also support relations.
What is new in OpenProject 8.2?
Modernized calendar view
The existing calendar view has been replaced with a new, modern calendar view with OpenProject 8.2. This affects all existing calendar views (e.g. in a project, on the My page).
OpenProject 8.2 includes many usability improvements which make OpenProject easier and smoother to use. Some examples of usability improvements include:
- Create a version from the roadmap and backlog page.
- Change a work package parent directly from the breadcrumb.
- A „Related to“ relation is created automatically when copying a work package.
- The OpenProject search searches the current project and subprojects by default.
Read-only mode for work packages (Enterprise Edition / Cloud Edition)
Users of the Enterprise Edition and Cloud Edition can define read-only work package statuses. When you change a work package’s status to a read-only status, the work package can no longer be modified. This allows you to avoid users to e.g. make changes to a work package once it has been approved.
Embedded work packages with other relation types (Enterprise Edition / Cloud Edition)
With OpenProject 8.2 the embed work package capability introduced with OpenProject 8 is extended to be used with other relation types besides hierarchical relationships.
Improvements and bug fixes
For an overview, please take a look at the list of bug fixes.
To use OpenProject 8.2 online, create an OpenProject environment on OpenProject.org.
Want to install OpenProject 8.2 to use it in your own infrastructure?
Here you can find the Installation guidelines for OpenProject.
Migrating to OpenProject 8.2
We update hosted OpenProject environments automatically. Note that due to technical reasons the upgrade for the OpenProject Cloud Edition will be performed at the beginning of 2019.
Please refer to the OpenProject 8.2 Release Notes for an overview of the new and improved features, as well as a list of fixed bugs.
Special thanks go to all OpenProject contributors without whom this release would not have been possible:
- Deutsche Bahn, Ntrepid and Windmöller & Hölscher for sponsoring new features.
- Jonatan Zint for implementing the additional API time entry endpoints.
- All the developers, designers, project managers who have contributed to OpenProject.
- All the dedicated users who have reported bugs and supported the community by asking and answering questions in the forum.
- All the dedicated users who provided translations on CrowdIn.
- The members of the OpenProject Foundation for continuously supporting OpenProject.